You are here: » The Defiant  » Central Defiant Forums  » General Discussion  » Helloes!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Helloes!  (Read 1361 times)
Ruja
Not in the Org
Freshman

View Profile
« on: November 18, 2009, 06:59 »

Or good morning as it is for me Smiley *not sure if it was the right thread * but anyways uhm right

I joined the defiant yesterday
My character is Ruja ( reja) a tiny chubby lady fixer ( sometimes i feel like a fixer in rl to)
So who am i
well i am a 36 year old mom my oldest is 9 and youngest is turning 6 now in december
Simple minded and warm hearted
Im a veteran ao player that has returned after 4 years
Me and my husband was playing on the omni side along with his friends but they moved on just shortly after we droped
iv tried to get back into the mmorpg world  now and then but never found a game that has caught me as much as ao has
Rubi ka was offering alot of fun as i can recall it
roleplay( my character had a fulltime life ) social fun ( the events )  team missions without griefers and drama queens and some fun pvp
a wonderful escape from a stressful reality
So i could not resist the offer funcom was giving
30 days free for old accounts and 900 points * realised yesterday what they were for*
so i was happy to see my account ws stil around

Iv been back for a week and  been trying to just take in all that have happen * been taking every free minute just to read *
so about my play style well i am a casual roleplayer as i can sit and discuss rl things without a problem but also like to create the fun that my character has a life in  game with all what it means
Iv been told im easy going and nice to be around so i guess thats true somehow ;p - think having fun is the key word for alot
okis time for more coffee and rest my left arm a bit
have a nice morning all Smiley
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 07:23 by Ruja » Logged
MonoTonto
Unit Leader
Apprentice

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 15:17 »

Welcome to The Defiant!
Knight236
Founder
Expert

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 14:45 »

welcome to DEFIANT~~~
Ruja
Not in the Org
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 11:23 »

thank you you two

im sorry for posting this but now im curios how come im not being shown on the online list or when i talk in the org chat since its clear alot of people doesnt see me  and some does i feel like im sitting in a tiny corner just watching people and no this isnt a froob account
the bot just wont deal with me when im trying to check whos online and whos alt is whos

*confused*  Undecided
Leileena
General
Experienced

Elite Operations General Dept.: Recruitment

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 11:35 »

The org bot has not added you to the roster yet. It should be solved automatically when the bot updates, but you can also ask a friendly admin (Zombie) to add you.

Ruja
Not in the Org
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 16:03 »

i think knight did ask without result

again im very sorry for bothering
ZombieR
General
Administrator
Experienced

Zombieranger

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2009, 11:27 »

hi, the main .xml database which the bot uses to update it's roster still appears to be out-of-date. you can read the "official" reponse here:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showthread.php?t=565100

unfortuneatly, this coincides with another problem bots have been having lately surrounding connection limits being enforced. so even when the roster updates, some unforseen problems may persist that require new code to be written and it's beyond my expertise.

FC have removed the stickies to help players update the bots and probably no longer advocate helpbot or any other bots as they have discovered character lookups (!whois queries from the bot) reportedly generate alot of in-game traffic.

also, you were added to the notify list but the roster is checked periodically by the bot and if it finds someone not in the org or perhaps a player that doesn't yet exist in the .xml database, it likely removes them from the notify list, but it doesn't work perfectly, which results in some players remaining on the list even after they leave the org. also !notify commands can be abused so it is not regularly enabled

we live in a wheel where everyone steals.. but when we rise it's like strawberry fields..
ZombieR
General
Administrator
Experienced

Zombieranger

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2009, 18:00 »

FC has fixed the updating problem and the bots are now able to update org rosters with the character lookup.

we live in a wheel where everyone steals.. but when we rise it's like strawberry fields..
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: