You are here: » The Defiant  » Orden der Notumwächter @ TD  » Neutral Action  »  (Moderators: vrabetzky, Skye)Point based Towerfights ?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Point based Towerfights ?  (Read 795 times)
Skye
Novice

View Profile WWW
« on: September 12, 2010, 06:51 »

Hi every one.

By now I know, that Clan and Omni both do towerfights based on a point-based raid bot. They get points for showing up at towerfights, they can later spend on pande or things like that.

I guess thats the reason why on any mid or high towerfights at least 10 deffer from 8 different orgs turn up.

I some how don´t like the concept to mix PvP and PvM very much, but it seems succsessfull. So I was wondering if that would be a way to booster neutral towerfights.

What do you think?

Skye - President of Orden der Notumwaechter
Enforsein
Unit Leader
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 10:40 »

I'm game! I just finished my 100 agent, i have a 30 doc, 74sold, 150 fix <3, 211 enfo,71 doc. The goods. Hit me up sometime in game, Wink

Squad Commander of The Defiant.
ZombieR
General
Administrator
Experienced

Zombieranger

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 16:30 »

Okay, I had no idea this was happening and I wonder how much effect it has on clan and omni actions. When Thunder Strikers was attacked, more and more omnis continued to show up while the CT was already under attack.

To me it sounds almost like a mercenary system which seems perfect for neutrals, in theory.

I got to attend a Neutral Defense Initiative (NDI) meeting a few years ago where neutral issues were discussed and, for towers, orgs were seperated into 3 groups:
    1) aggressive - will attack whenever, even without provocation
    2) non-aggressive - will only counter attacks (these orgs might help other neutrals that were attacked)
    3) peaceful - not controlling towers or only ninja-planting (these orgs do not help defend or attack)

Back then, these categories fit most neutral orgs. There were some exceptions like World Trading Corporation that was mostly peaceful but would sometimes come to help defend other neutrals. Other orgs recieved direct help from omnis or had non-aggression pacts with one side or another.

Now, I think neutrals work together alot better on towers. Even if it may seem bad still, it was much worse a few years back. Todays neutrals might be more militant @ lower level tower ranges, but I think most orgs still abide by a stance of non-aggression, to not provoke other factions and no random attacking, even if many members might want to go attack. I think there is also a great many neutral players that are more virtuous and will only attack if attacked first. In contrast to that, I have heard some neutrals are neutrals because that gives them more targets.. both clan and omni, yet I have discovered some hardcore PvPers like this and found they will often even target neutrals.

The idea to give points to attackers and defenders is neat and could maybe work for some. The key point is to identify what motivates neutral players today and see if those motivations are largely different from the motivations of clan or omni, where the point system is in place, then check if we have enough population of similar players to make it worthwhile.

we live in a wheel where everyone steals.. but when we rise it's like strawberry fields..
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: