You are here: » The Defiant  » Central Defiant Forums  » AO Help  » How to Add Waypoints
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: How to Add Waypoints  (Read 1525 times)
Verxxixxan
Applicant
Freshman

Im not mean. I just hate idiots....

View Profile
« on: April 11, 2009, 23:29 »

Ok last night i was helped my the org on how to add Waypoints to get to locations. and since i know most ppl dont know/a lot of rookies especially dont know i made this simple ingame Walkthrough. here it goes. *warning mean humor inbound"

There ya have it i hope this helps

« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 16:34 by admin » Logged

YOU! put the kid down and step away from the sandbox and drop that icecream cone!
ZombieR
General
Administrator
Experienced

Zombieranger

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 03:17 »

hey, thanks for making this and explaining something i don't care to explain Tongue

moreover, i too think most people don't even know this exists, i didn't find out about it until had played the game for over 5 years.. it really can be helpful to locate a CT or gathering point and supply known positions of static places.

it's also quite funny, it's comprehensive and the pictures do help. the only problem is the picture file sizes because we are on a free host. i say this for any future players that might make guides, even 1MB of images is too much, we have a 100MB limit, along with signatures and avatars, all the files required to make the site work and also other future guides and important image attachments, it can really add up fast

later, i might move this to another forum, possibly one dedicated to guides or stickied in a general AO section

we live in a wheel where everyone steals.. but when we rise it's like strawberry fields..
Verxxixxan
Applicant
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 16:43 »

Awsome thx Cheesy

YOU! put the kid down and step away from the sandbox and drop that icecream cone!
Leileena
General
Experienced

Elite Operations General Dept.: Recruitment

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 18:17 »

I just quickly scrolled over it and it seems good to me. For putting images in try using a remote host like imageshack.com to host them, and then post the in the forums by using the following tag:
Code:
[img]www.yourwebhost.com/yourimage.jpg[/img]

This uses no space at all on the forums exept for that half a line of code. Further maybe you can make them slightly smaller, becouse due to my screensize (not all that small either) I can't see the right side of your HUD, simpy becouse the frames of the forum page don't go any wider. Kinda need the left side as that's where the buttons and such are Tongue

ZombieR
General
Administrator
Experienced

Zombieranger

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 00:42 »

sorry, i didn't check before, the images Verxxixxan posted are actually hosted on a remote site, so i could care less how big they are, aside from effecting user load times or something so catastrophically massive it collapses the universe Tongue

we live in a wheel where everyone steals.. but when we rise it's like strawberry fields..
Verxxixxan
Applicant
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009, 01:23 »

I just quickly scrolled over it and it seems good to me. For putting images in try using a remote host like imageshack.com to host them, and then post the in the forums by using the following tag:
Code:
[img]www.yourwebhost.com/yourimage.jpg[/img]

This uses no space at all on the forums exept for that half a line of code. Further maybe you can make them slightly smaller, becouse due to my screensize (not all that small either) I can't see the right side of your HUD, simpy becouse the frames of the forum page don't go any wider. Kinda need the left side as that's where the buttons and such are Tongue

Lol im using photobucket and i used that code Tongue and also there is a slider to make it go left or right ^.^

Leileena
General
Experienced

Elite Operations General Dept.: Recruitment

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2009, 11:21 »

Ah, can't see that code from the post itself so I was just reacting to zombie's first post.
As for the sliders, I didn't notice them so that would be my bad (but i still hate sliders Tongue)

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: