You are here: » The Defiant  » Central Defiant Forums  » General Discussion  » Leileena's Update
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Leileena's Update  (Read 1391 times)
Leileena
General
Experienced

Elite Operations General Dept.: Recruitment

View Profile WWW
« on: April 29, 2009, 09:04 »

Leileena's Update

Complete 2-hour-chatlogs of meetings, rapid changes you didn't notice yet and backdoor gatherings you didn't even know off. It can be alot to take in at once, and alot of it isn't even relevant to, well, any matter at all. I have created this topic to sum up things that I have found interesting among the large number of suggestions I see every day and a short recoup of the interesting things that passed by in a meeting. It will be an update of funny, important or impressive happenings in the day-to-day things of The Defiant. A sort of blog, if you wish to call it. I hope it helps you as it has helped me to recoup things and clear them up. Feel free to post anything here that you think should be on here, but is not (yet) covered.

--Leileena

Knight236
Founder
Expert

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 14:14 »

wow thats a great idea!!!!!!
Leileena
General
Experienced

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 12:13 »

Update #1 - The past

Whitout the past no future, and for that I will need somekind of base to start these updates on. Now I can go back to the creation of my char, the defiant as org or even the whole game. But that would be abit over the top, so I've decided to start in the relative young past. Recently I have send a message some people still are wondering what it was all about, so I owe you some explaination, and thus my first update will concern this.

First of all, I used to be a general of defiant, at some point even the president of defiant, and for well over a year I have worked hard on improving the org as much as I could. Sometimes with joy, sometimes with anger. I have seen a great number of players come and past in that time, all with their personal suggestions and ideas about the org, some very good ones at them. For the execution of those ideas though, often most people turned out to be dreamers, love to contemplate life, but when it comes to executing their ideas they've put their mind on something else again.

For this it was hard work, they supplied ideas and I tried my best to make them reality, but how to improve an org if the org itself is already doing something else? That is the reason why alot of things in defiant were left un-used. So that day I figured it was enough, I had done alot but I would like to see those members of defiant do to things themselfs, to make those dreams reality, and with that message (rather unclear, I'm sorry), I left the guestchannel for a while only to enter if there was significant news of change from defiant itself.

These forums, among things, where one of the things that got my attention. Also some members who realy pushed to get things rolling, great respect to them! And that brings us to the point of a few weeks back, I've come back to the guest channel to try and contribute myself. Those last few meetings, who had some very nice suggestions, I am still waiting to see any practical result of. If this post is the past, then that is what I'd call the present, and the reason for a second update soon to come.

--Leileena

Leileena
General
Experienced

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2009, 18:53 »

Update #2 - The present

It has been a while, but finaly the sequal to my first update. The fact I havn't posted in quite a while doesn't mean there have been no changes, infact, very much changed the past month.

The events lately have been rather the same. People shouting for change. Other people shouting at them to shut up. Knight shouting about his ship and his 3 legged dog(?). That pretty much sums it up. I have attended some meetings and realy pushed trough to get the measures the majority of the members wanted trough, but nonetheless we got a poetry contest instead.

Eventually there came an end to this politic limbo, when the majority of the generals and commanding officers felt Knight's behaviour had crossed the final line. They started a new org under the precidency of Purplelotus (a.k.a. Catpuccino) by the name of Purple Daze. The org was fractured once again, split off in new organisations and leaving very few active, responsable and knowledgable members in the Defiant. It happened almost a year ago, and it has happened again. Now Forver once again is president to pick up the pieces, and I'm waiting to see when will be the next time Defiant falls appart.

About what it was Knight did that ticked off so many people I won't write here. It's a personal matter and if you want explaination, I suggest you contact Knight himself.

I know that even I was no saint at all these days. Trying to get the best for some of the members in the Defiant I was harsh, and sometimes even rude. It's hard to draw a line between making a point and trying to be heard, and being mean, especially when the ones you talk to don't seem to even notice what your talking about. Nonetheless I'm going to try my best to get Defiant up and running again, together with the faithkeepers and members that show potential, praying this won't happen again next year.

--Leileena

Knight236
Founder
Expert

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2009, 19:58 »

love leil, and all her points are valid one's.But-----i want peeps to dream.some time the pathway get a lil murkey, but if you can still dream---it can be done
Knight236
Founder
Expert

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 12:04 »

where are meeting loggs ----yawns-?
Leileena
General
Experienced

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009, 12:47 »

In the meetings part of the forums maybe?

Try reading the first post, should be pretty clear why there's no chatlogs in this post.

Angry
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 12:58 by Leileena » Logged

Leileena
General
Experienced

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2009, 10:36 »

Update #3 - Jimony

I was given the title of faithkeeper! Yes, I am a faithkeepr now. Aditionally, I was asked to come back to defiant to help rebuild after the last fracture. Now I'm happy in Elite Operations, I have lots of helpfull friends and I'm being respected in my rank of recruitment general. Nonetheless, if some good friends of me ask me to help them out, I will do my best. For this I have not left EO, but I did create a new charracter, an agent by the name of Jimony, to help out the org.

More good news too, there are lots of new recruits incomming every week. The trick is to keep them satisfied not only with the org, but the complete game (how many 1-week chars I have seen come and go...). Not by giving them all they want, but by teaching them how to get what they want. Since people are far more grateful for knowledge then for a hand-full of credits.

Knight and Heather are getting married (ingame that is)! Yes, as I type this we're working on setting up a nice wedding, hopefully Knight's health will not be too much of a problem so we can all enjoy this great day to the fullest! More info will be posted on forums and in the org bot as soon as it's cheduled.

--Leileena

Knight236
Founder
Expert

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2009, 04:20 »

ty leil, U ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: