You are here: » The Defiant  » Grid Matrix  » Defiant Org News  » Bot Progress / Possible Upcoming Board Changes
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Bot Progress / Possible Upcoming Board Changes  (Read 890 times)
ZombieR
General
Administrator
Experienced

Zombieranger

View Profile
« on: May 06, 2009, 11:27 »

I had hoped to finish with the bot by today (Wednesday) but it won't happen in the incarnation I want.

Some of the current problems on the agenda:

• fix lowercase faction name when unorged players attack
          i think good chance to fix this, one way or another..

• convert some professions to shorter names
          almost done

• new layout for recorded results
          almost done

• tower spam elimination
          having trouble with the code for this

• escape parenthesis (and other) characters
          not going well, but is important for proper bot functioning

• add hugemaploc reporting into victory results
          unlikely to work

If have any suggestions they could be made here. Later, I will make a new post listing things that were actually updated. Because of the outstanding number of problems one option that is not being considered is to release a bot before I can explore more options for correcting bugs. Also, I don't want to compile databases twice since it takes time to do it and then more time to test the bot afterwards. If players require logged tower messages here is a good site for that:

http://flw.nu/portal/?page=tools_towers_rk1&numresults=20

One problem is the test enviroment.. waiting for tower attacks to test the bot's functionality. I tried to create a simulation to speed up progress but it failed and just wasted more time.

Also would like to address possible "changes" to the board. First, the categories are subject to change if the website grows.. they could be merged or split or eliminated altogether, but there is no real plans for anything now.

The upcoming changes would be changes in procedure to help manage the forum and for security. First, a guideline to list @ least 1 character that is actually in the org, clearly in Signature or Personal Text, both accessible through the Profile tab. This is to let people know corresponding characters in the org. If have trouble with this send me a message with name of character and I can add it.

The second change would be to close the registration to verify members first, this is fine for me since I often alter member status after players register (although I have not tested the verification system yet). This helps with security and would hopefully prevent spam bot attacks. This was something I wanted to change for awhile but I waited so many new members could sign up initially without the hassle.

Another thing I want to say is that after members register, their e-mail is available to others and I can't disable this but members can hide their e-mail address through their profile settings once registered.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 12:01 by ZombieR » Logged

we live in a wheel where everyone steals.. but when we rise it's like strawberry fields..
Leileena
General
Experienced

Elite Operations General Dept.: Recruitment

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 13:31 »

Sairs is running an orgbot that gives a "supressed attacks" message with all tower attacks in 1 link, this avoids alot of spam from multiple attacking orgs. I would ask for the module but Sairs is currently inactive ingame. Either way it is possible, remember that Tongue

For the registration part I think it's a good idea to have a closed system, where players have to be aproved for forum acces first. You realy don't want those nasty spambots to find the forums... Anyhows thats not upto me to decide, just my 2 cents.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 13:36 by Leileena » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: